PURPOSE, MISSION AND VALUES
Our Purpose: We exist to serve national, indigenous pastors who are actively discipling others in ministry by teaching and training them to become self-directed, self-supporting and self-propagating and so fulfill Christ's example and command to serve one another.
Our Mission: As a faith based mission, PSS commits itself to the Great Commission of the Lord Jesus Christ (Matthew 28:18-20). PSS cooperates with churches and other Christian organizations to present Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord (evangelism); assists Christians in their submission to Christ and their growth in His Body (discipleship); and ministers in the name of Christ to the whole person, especially needy pastors, as in 2 Corinthians 9:10-11 (development of church planters).
- Rely on the Bible, the only completely reliable standard by which we evaluate all beliefs, instructions, policies and practices. (2 Timothy 3:16)
- Do the work of the Lord, relying on His wisdom and strength rather than our own. (Galatians 2:20,21)
- Speak the truth in love, in a gentle manner without compromising. (2 Timothy 2:24; Proverbs 10:12)
- Maintain financial accountability to avoid a crisis in ministry by increasing or decreasing the outreach of our giving according to the availability of funds thereby avoiding indebtedness. (Romans 13:8)
- Understand and recognize what the Lord is working in other individuals and organizations, while avoiding any affiliation that would compromise our purpose or weaken our effectiveness. (1 Corinthians 1:10-13; 2 Corinthians 6:14)
Our Theme Verse:
(2 Corinthians 9:10-11) "God is the one who gives seed to the farmer and bread for food. He will give you all the seed you need and make it grow so there will be a great harvest from your goodness. He will make you rich in every way so that you can always give freely."